Call Email


Granum Community Local Attractions

  • Old Jail & Museum

    On your walkabout through the Town peruse Granum’s Museum. Located at 138 Lansdowne Street, right next to the Veteran’s Memorial Park. The building has utilized in many different ways, but what it is best known for is being the Town’s Jail. Now its purpose is to share the history of the community.

    If you hold a piece of the past and would like to share with others who have a passion for the historical significance please consider donating it to the museum. Every piece is a cherished reminder of those that have preceded those of us today.

    The Granum Historical Committee, a non-profit organization, operates the museum with the help of enthusiastic volunteers.

    The museum is open the middle of May to the end of September, every Saturday and Sunday from 1pm to 4pm.

    Contact: John Connor
    Dates: Middle of May to the end of September.
    Hours: 1:00 pm to 4 pm. (or call for an appointment)
    Email: [email protected]
    Snail Mail: Box 111, Granum, AB T0L 1A0
    Telephone: 403-687-2265 or 403-687-2846

  • Verteran's Memorial Park

    Granum’s cenotaph is located on the corner of Lansdowne and 1st Avenue right next door to the Old Jail & Museum. View the lists of names from the Granum area of those who fought in the first and second world wars. Some returned and some did not. You may find the name of a relative or family friend.

    Every November 11th, Memorial Day, there is a gathering at the Drop-In Center, a parade to the Park, and a sombre service honouring those who risked their lives for our freedom.

  • Cemetery

    The Granum Cemetery is located on the east side of Highway 2, just north of the Secondary Highway 519. For any information please contact the Town Office, phone 403-687-3822

    Granum Town Council Minutes:

    • Granum Minutes February 3, 1908 – Moved to offer C. and E. Land Company fifteen dollars per acre for land for cemetery purposes. *
    • Granum Minutes July 14th – 1908 Cemetery Lots to be sold at ten dollars and half lot at 5 dollars. *
    • Granum Minutes November 23rd, 1908 – A resolution passed that cemetery lots be changed in price from ten dollars per lot to one dollar per foot. S.J. Slough (Chairman of Council) *

    The Granum Cemetery is well known for having the grave outside the actual cemetery.

    The grave outside the Granum Cemetery is that of Mary Fitzpatrick, born Sept, 1865 and passed away April 16, 1908. The stone reads “Beloved wife of E.R. Chugg” Mary was the daughter of William Debursey Fitzpatrick and Maria Colbert who came to Canada, to the now Gatineau area in Quebec, from Ireland in the early 1800. Mary and Ebenezer R. Chugg were married in 1894, and in April of 1903 they and their 4 children: Nellie, Edna, Everett and Lila left for Leavings.

    Memories of Nellie (Chugg) Lang: “In April 1907, our sister Lilia died. She had been sick a week; then her appendix ruptured. She was laid to rest in a corner of Mr. R. Laughton’s field where there were no graves. There wasn’t a cemetery at this time. Then, in 1908, Mama passed away at the age of 42 years. She was the first one laid first in the new cemetery. This was not properly surveyed yet, so her grave can be seen still, just outside of the cemetery.” *

    *Granum History Book, Leavings by Trail, Granum by Trail
    Granum History Book Committee

  • Granum Golf & Country Club

    Granum Golf & Country Club consists of a Par 3, 9 hole course, with artificial greens,complete with driving range and licensed clubhouse with concession. It is surrounded by the Granview Park to the East and acreages to the South North and West. It sits on a slight hill so that when on the grounds you have an incredible view of the foothills and mountains.

    Course and clubhouse are available for group functions including family and company tournaments.
    For more information or bookings contact us.
    Located: Dufferin St.& 3rd Ave. (right next to Granview Recreation Park)
    Telephone: 403-687-3626
    Email: [email protected]

  • Granview Recreation Park

    Enjoy camping in our little oasis on the prairie. Laze in the treed shade while you watch the waters of our ‘Lake’ which is great for swimming, sunbathing, sand-castle building and fishing. Go for a round of golf then take a walk around the ‘lake’ and through our little Town. Grab a bite at AJ’s Diner or pick-up a few necessities at JP’s Petro & General Store. Check out the names at the Cemotaph and visit our Museum. If the day is long and hot why not drop by the Black Dog Saloon for long cool drink. Explore, Relax and Enjoy!
    Located: Dufferin St.& 3rd Ave.
    Telephone: 403-687-3830
    Email: [email protected]

  • Bell Tower

    Bell Tower is located in front of the town office and has a commemorative plaque on it. 

  • Farmers Market

    We have a summer farmers market held at JP’S Petro July and August. Open Saturdays only from 9-4.

Privacy Policy | Website by Chix Design